About Me

My photo
I'm Jackie and I live in the North East of England with my husband John and our Border Collie Cassie. I'm originally from Canada but emigrated to the U.K. in 1992. I work full time in I.T. but spend a lot of my spare time making greetings cards which I really enjoy.

Thursday 25 August 2011

It's been a while!

Well folks it's been a while since I've managed to post here but there is a good reason I've been absent for so long.

Greetings and Gifts is now Greetings-and-Gifts Ltd. and on August 12th we opened a retail shop within walking distance of our house in Redcar.  Although we have been discussing the possibility since the beginning of the year, we never really believed we'd get to this point!

In the end we actually signed up for the property, got it refurbished, stocked and open in 10 days!  I still don't think we can quite believe we've managed to do it.

At the moment John is still teaching guitar and I'm still full time at the Council and we're working the shifts at the shop between us.  John doing days during the week then teaching late afternoon/evening and I'm working all week and doing the Saturday/Sunday shift in the shop.

Although we're both knackered, the shop has been received well and although it's quiet during the week at the moment, we had a good day on Saturday.

We're going to be open this Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday as well so are hoping for a good weekend trade wise.

We've expanded what we sell as well and have some great new wholesalers with brilliant merchandise.  I want it to be like a real Aladdin's cave so you notice something different every time you turn around.  We will get the new photo's up on the web-site eventually but obviously the shop is taking all of our time at the moment.

We've got a new range of Eco Friendly bags and backpacks as well and a range of Freedom Bags where some of the money goes back to the people in India and China who actually make them.  Nice stuff too!

We've got a great range in Hand dyed silk/velvet scarves made in Scotland which are absolutely gorgeous and a massive new range of gifts from trinket boxes/puzzle boxes to our expanding range of guitar products such as pens shaped like guitars and guitar key chains/pendants.  Well you can't be married to a guitarist without having some of these things ;-)

The winter hat/glove/scarf selection for men and women are already in as well and I must say I've done a cracking job of the shop window.  It looks great!

We can't thank our friends and family enough who have supported us and gotten us to this point.  We will remember you all when we make our first million!

Will update you all after the weekend and let you know how we get on.  Tomorrow is 2 weeks since we opened.  Long may it continue!

Here's the link to our spot on the local town web-site!  We're famous already :-)

http://www.greetingsgifts67025.redcar.towntalk.co.uk/



















2 comments: