About Me

My photo
I'm Jackie and I live in the North East of England with my husband John and our Border Collie Cassie. I'm originally from Canada but emigrated to the U.K. in 1992. I work full time in I.T. but spend a lot of my spare time making greetings cards which I really enjoy.

Monday 14 March 2011

Brain's been working overtime today...scary thought!

Well folks,

It's me again and my brain has been working overtime today.  I've been mulling over a fledgling idea for a business for sometime now and it seems to be getting a bit closer to becoming a reality.

I did my first craft show a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it.  Enjoyed meeting the other crafters as well and saw some lovely handmade creations.  Between that and all of the lovely crafty people's things on the social networking sites, a little idea has been forming in my head.

There's a shop for let in the town I work in which is crying out for an arty/crafty/gifty kind of shop.  It's a market town which has coach tours stop there for comfort breaks on a regular basis which is a captive audience if I ever saw one.

I've been having a mull about it with my husband and some close friends and think this may just be an opportunity waiting to happen.

My idea is to sell my cards but also other people's handmade things as well.  May come to nothing but I can't see any reason not to give it a go at this point.

Watch this space, you never know, it may just happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment